Sunday, November 5, 2017

Grandparents

My parents were in town this week, and let's be perfectly honest, they were not here to see me. They came all the way from Oregon to visit the kids, and I'm really glad to say that their visit paid off. Edie is usually standoffish with them, but she was more than happy to play with them, sit on their laps, give high fives, and everything else a grandparent could possibly want.

Marty let my mom give him a bath and hold him in a lobster towel.


Edie explored a historical house in Kentucky with my dad.


Marty did his best to climb a rock wall with only a little bit of assistance from my dad.


Edie sat with my mom and colored a turkey at her school's fall festival on Saturday.


And on top of all of that, we celebrated my dad's birthday on Friday. When I asked him what he wanted for his birthday, he just said "MEAT," so we all went to a nice barbecue restaurant in Kentucky. He got a big ol' slab of ribs that he thoroughly enjoyed. I felt a little left out, so I decided to snack on some baby back ribs of my own.


All told, it was a pretty great week. I'm glad my parents enjoyed seeing my kids, and I'm just as glad that my kids enjoyed seeing my parents. It's no fun that they live so far from each other, so I'm glad that this visit really counted.

1 comment:

  1. mmmm. meat. I sure miss that southern BBQ! So glad your parents had a great visit and that Edie is loving on them more.

    ReplyDelete