Sunday, June 3, 2018

In the back yard

It's pretty much summer out here now, which sadly means that I get to spend every Saturday mowing the lawn. It's tough work, but the kids get really excited to see the short grass and run around on it. I'm not wild about going back outside into the 10,000% humidity and battling swarms of mosquitos, but it makes them happy, so we do it.

Here's Marty barely able to contain himself on the grass.


In case you're wondering, yes, those are teal and black sandals, and yes, they are awesome.

He loved running around and grabbing everything he could find. He wasn't content to stay near the house, either. In the blink of an eye, he was gone, all the way out as far as he could go.


Edie likes running around, too, but she's starting to prefer activities that are a little more focused. After a couple of minutes, she asked me if we could blow bubbles.

Well, sure.


She's not particularly talented at blowing bubbles, but it doesn't lessen her enjoyment. After a few subpar bubble excursions, she stopped blowing and started waving the wand around in the air. It worked pretty well, which gave both kids a lot of bubbles to stomp on.

When they aren't running around on the short grass, they're running around like maniacs inside and stealing all of my possessions. Nearly every day, as soon as I get home from work, Marty runs up to me, yells "dada!", and swipes my shoes once I get them off. Here he is wearing my shoes and as little else as he was allowed.


Looks pretty much just like me, if I may say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment